August 22, 2006

She's Not THAT Smart!

We went to my Grandma's Sunday afternoon. CJ & my aunt P. worked on a sudoku puzzle together (Addie would be proud!) while R & I visited with my Grandma & two of my uncles. They finished the puzzle, and I was telling Grandma that CJ loves math and science, & does very well in those subjects (the girl obviously takes after her father). Grandma told me that my aunt P. always did, too.

Then she asked, "Has CJ had any chemistry yet?"


Now, I would like nothing better than to say she skipped over that subject & is now taking environmental physics or something equally foreign to me. But, I responded "No, Grandma. Not yet."

I wonder if I should ask the principal to incorporate CHEMISTRY into the THIRD GRADE curriculum? ;-)

3 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

Don't tell Lori (Pezmama) but I NEVER took Chemistry. Of course, when you get a D- in Biology they don't really encourage you to keep on in the science endeavor. Education is more advanced, but good grief! When they start teaching Chemistry in 3rd grade, think how dumb we're all going to think we are!

Barb said...

Well, my daughter Mandy would have a heart attack. She's a third grade teacher! So, um, my answer would be a resounding NO! Hee hee.

I have to agree with my sister, Blessed Beyond Measure (also known as Bev). I am completely astounded at what third graders ARE learning these days.

But chemistry? I think not. Not yet anyway.

Melissa said...

Bev & Barb,

Heaven knows, if they start teaching Chemistry before high school, I'll faint! I nearly rolled on the floor when Grandma asked me that question, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings...so I kept my composure. My sister & I had a great chuckle over it later, though!