June 27, 2007

James 1:5-7

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be gven to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive
anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Question to Ponder:

~Do I ask God to show me who He really is or am I content to keep Him in the box I've built for Him?

Revelations:

~I've been satisfied with my own small definition of Him, choosing which parts I want to see. If I want to see the fullness of God, I have to ask Him to reveal Himself to me. I may not always understand what He is doing, but I am free to ask Him to show me what He wants to accomplish in my life through whatever circumstances He's put me in.

~God wants to give me wisdom. He wants me to know who He is. He generously gives wisdom to those who genuinely seek it

~I need to come to God with my requests, expecting Him to answer & ready to do what He says. Anticipate His answer & be prepared to act in whatever way He tells me.

~I must be strong in the Lord; wavering between God & the world will make me unstable. If I don't believe in who He's shown Himself to be and in what He promises to do, I won't be able to stand strong.

Dear Jesus, I praise You that when I am unsure of what You're up to, I can come to You & ask. You tell me to ask, seek & knock. Lord, give me a persistent heart to find out what it is You're trying to accomplish in my life. Give me a thirst for wisdom and knowledge of You. Give me a passion to get to know You deeper. Give me an obedient & prepared heart, so that I will be ready to act in whatever way You direct, Lord. Remind me that You are who You say You are, and that You can do whatever you say You can. Only then will I be able to stand strong in You, Lord, and fight the enemy of my soul. I thank You, Jesus, that You alone are the victor!

Melissa

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

This is some really good "brain chew" material! Great reminders to my own heart with each one of these statements and challenges!!

Thanks for sharing it!!