August 22, 2007

Thankful Thursday



This week, I've been particularly thankful for:

~This post by Kim @ Lifesong. My poor toes were black & blue after reading it, but it was a good thing. In fact, it motivated me enough to become a member of the 6:00 a.m. Club. God & I are having a blast.

~A Godly husband who genuinely cares for the women in his life: his wife, his daughter & his mother.

~Watching CJ grow in her faith. Those baby steps are just precious!

~CJ's boldness in asking a family member if she'd ever asked Jesus into her heart. (the answer was "yes", but I'm not sure it's genuine)

~Wednesdays with Beth on "Life Today". If you haven't watched this program any day of the week, you will be blessed by tuning in. I especially love Wednesdays because I get to listen to Beth Moore!

~CJ's been invited to go to the beach this weekend with a friend. She would live at the beach if we'd let her. I'm glad she gets to go and end the summer with a bang.

~The Book of James. I'm taking my time studying it. It's really packing punch! I hope to share this weekend.

You can find out who else is thankful by visiting Iris @ Sting My Heart.




Melissa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to see a family member grow in faith ... so precious! :)

Blessings ...

Kate said...

The Book of James. That is something to be thankful for. So is boldness from the mouths of babes.

Kate

Amy said...

Is CJ your daughter? It's such a blessing to see our children grow in faith. I recently purchased a new bible for my 9 year old daughter and she loves it...

Denise said...

I really enjoyed your thankful list, bless you.

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

I love the book of James! I love Beth Moore!

I love waking up early. I'm a 5:15'er except in the summer so this is the first week of getting up early in a while and I really enjoy it.

Thanks again for the sweet award! I'm going to post about it this weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

I just started the book of James this morning in my going through the Bible reading. Blessings on you and yours as summer winds down...

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

James 1:19 is huge in my life. Great list.

Thank you.

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great list. Mornings with Jesus are just precious!

Mary said...

The Book of James is awesome! And I love the boldness of CJ! Thanks for sharing. Blessings.

Sandy said...

Hi Melissa,
The book of James is what I'm diving into next, because my Balcony Girls group is starting up for the year. We are focusing on relationships and I will find what I need in that book! :)
Sandy

Alana said...

James is one of my favorite books! So great to hear about CJ and her growing faith!

Hopeful Spirit said...

I would live at the beach if I could! I just haven't figured out how to hang out at the beach all day and still earn a living!

My thanks are posted, so drop by!

Unknown said...

I love James. This is such a neat heartfelt list.

Aunt Angie said...

Melissa---I am late in getting here! Please forgive!
I so enjoy your blog posts! I agree w/you on Beth--Life Today...although I hardly ever get to catch it...I listen at lunch to her Bible Studies...and I discovered the other day---on GodTube...one of her lessons from Life Today was on there! I enjoyed it so much!
You are always a blessing!