December 4, 2007

Catching My Breath

I mentioned in my last post that the mailman had been particularly nice to me lately. First, he brought this:

mws banner


In one word...FAN.TAB.U.LOUS! I'm still swooning over the arrangement of instrumental and vocal pieces. CJ's memorized several songs in less than a week (yes, I'm playing it pretty much non-stop) I adore Michael W. And MANDISA?! That's just the whipped cream on the pumpkin spice latte! If you haven't gotten this CD already, make it your holiday musical purchase this season. (And if Brian at Reunion Records wants to send me more free music, I won't object!)

*****

Just a day later, I received this gem from Laura. I've started pouring through it already, and will review it as soon as I'm done. And, in the tradition of this book (which has already traveled far more extensively than I ever will!), I'll announce how you can put your name in the hat to receive this goody at your door!

*****


Pre-lit artificial tree. What took me so long?!

*****



Proverbs isn't the breath of fresh air I was hoping for. It's more like a slap in the face. I'll be sharing soon (I really, really will). But for now, I'll leave you with a verse from today's reading.

For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD,
and he examines all his paths.
The evil deeds of a wicked man ensnare him;
the cords of his sin hold him fast.
He will die for lack of discipline,
led astray by his own great folly.
~Proverbs 5:21-23

5 comments:

Laura said...

I would love a pre-lit tree but hubbie prefers a real tree. This this year we got a pretty good one that doesn't resemble a charlie brown one...woohoo!

Enjoy the book!

Laura

Leah said...

Thanks for the great review of MWS's new Christmas CD. I'll be adding it to my cart over at cbd.com!

Can't wait to hear some posts on your trek through Proverbs!

Merry Christmas,

~ Leah

Alana said...

The book looks like just what I need!

Can't wait to hear more about your journey through Proverbs!

Janelle said...

I have felt that way through our journey in Proverbs that our church is doing. I am loving it though. I realize I have a lot to change!!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

OK, so I think I'll have to get the CD...I need it to focus myself :)

The book looks so wonderful...hmmm...

Looking foward to Proverbs and the way God lays things on your heart.