June 19, 2008

Spring Reading Thing - Wrap Up



It seems like it's been a long time since I made my list for the Spring Reading Thing. Here's how I fared:

Listed Fiction, Completed:
These Three Remain by Pamela Aiden
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
Every Secret Thing by Ann Tatlock

Listed Fiction, Not Completed:
The Recital by Robert Elmer (didn't realize it was a sequel, so I got the first book instead)
The Dead Don't Dance by Charles Martin
Maggie by Charles Martin

Not Listed Fiction, Completed:
The Appeal by John Grisham
Payback by Melody Carlson
Georgia on Her Mind by Rachel Hauck
Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate
With Endless Sight by Allison Pittman
Skizzer by A.J. Kiesling
The Duet by Robert Elmer
These Boots Weren't Made for Walking by Melody Carlson
Fatal Deduction by Gayle Roper

Listed Non-Fiction:
The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace (still reading)
Simplify Your Time by Marcia Ramsland (didn't finish)

Katrina wants to know:

Did you finish all the books you had planned to read? If not, why? No. I got busy with some review reading, and got side-tracked with several other books.

Do you think the challenge helped you read more? Or maybe helped you read books you otherwise wouldn't have? I definitely tried some different books, just by seeing what others were reading.

What was your favorite book you read this spring? Least favorite? Hard to pick a favorite. I had some very good books on my list. Least favorite would probably be The Appeal. I didn't like it nearly as much as the other Grisham books I've read.

Did you discover any new authors or genres that you now love? I found I like historical fiction more than I thought I would. I'd only read two of these authors before: Roper and Grisham.

What did you learn about your reading habits or interests?
I was pleasantly surprised by breaking out of my comfort zone.

Are you interested in another "Fall Into Reading" challenge this fall? Sign me up!

To read other wrap-ups, visit Katrina.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list. My least favorite was a Grisham book as well, but it was Playing for Pizza.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Great job, Melissa! I have Every Secret Thing on my bookshelf and hope to read it soon. Thanks again for being part of the challenge!

Nise' said...

Job Well Done! I have to know if you liked Cold Sassy Tree as it is on my all time favorite book list. I read the Pamela Aiden trilogy of books about Darcy and really enjoyed them.