December 8, 2008

Memory Monday




It's time for Memory Monday again. I've been slack in posting, but I have memorized a couple of verses.

This past week was Romans 15:13 (typing from memory)

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you might be filled with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Well, I was close! See:

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
This verse has been a lifeline for me. I don't know many people who couldn't use some hope right now.

This coming week, I'm going to work on memorizing 1 Thess. 1:3, because it lays out three things I desperately need to exercise in my life: faith, love & endurance.

We continually remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

What about you? Are you up for joining us for Memory Monday? If so, visit Joanne and tell us about it!

5 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Love this verse. The girls and I reviewed it last night since it was the key verse for the first Advent candle, the Candle of Hope.

Then we had a great discussion about the Candle of Preparation.

I love Advent!

Joanne

Heather of Swallowing A Moose said...

This verse is so true. I am so thankful for the joy & peace that comes from so easily unloading my cares off on Him. Life would/was a lot more stressful when I tried to figure it all out on my own. Stress-Stress-Stress! Well, NO more of that nonsense.

Happy Holidays!

~Heather

Lora said...

I want to "overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit". Just makes me think that it is not me or anything that I can do; but His resurrection power alive in me.

Good news!
Lora

much2ponder said...

I'm with you on the memory verses...I need to do this more and I love the ones you have chosen here. Thank You! Thought I posted earlier, but didn't see it when I returned. So if this is a duplicate...just disragard.

Holly said...

You know what my favorite part of this verse is? That God not only wants to fill us with hope, but for it to overflow! You represent that wonderfully, friend!

Love,
Holly