April 30, 2009

Prayers for Peru

Less than two months to go before we depart for Peru! There are many thoughts swirling around in my head, and I hope to mold them into a semblance of a post at some time. In the meantime, I'm praying for:

~revival in my own heart (thus, the Seeking Him Together study...and it's not too late to join us!)

~God's provision

~travel safety (we've got a layover in Columbia, which scares me just a little)

~child care for CJ. This one is tough, because of R's work schedule. She'll have to spend most nights away from home. I want her to be someplace where she can feel comfortable and happy. I know my parents and members of our church family will help out. I'm trying to strike a balance of her spending quality time with R, not feeling like she's being shuffled around too much, and not being a burden on anyone.

~preparing a 2-minute testimony of my salvation. I just don't know how I can do that. I may have an opportunity to share at length on some occasions, but I have to be clear and concise (which means no American or "churchy" idioms, and realizing I have to incorporate stops for the translator).

Thanks for your prayers, friends. I feel like I'm taking each one of you with me, and I'm so glad you're along for the ride!




4 comments:

His Girl said...

You know I'm prayin' for you, amiga.

I think you'd be amazed what fits in a two minute time frame. You can do it!!!

Holly said...

Praying in advance for a mighty work of God in and through you, dear Melissa!

With Love,
Holly

Alana said...

I am praying and SO excited for you!

Lisa Spence said...

Praying with you and for you...