February 1, 2010

The Week in Words - February 1

http://breathoflifeministries.blogspot.com/2010/01/announcing-week-in-words.html



Sorry I'm late! I was busy playing in the snow Saturday (WOO-HOO!), and Sunday is my "unplugged" day. Are you ready with your quotes? I confess, I found some wonderful quotes in Anne of Avonlea, but I forgot to write them down before I had to return the book to the library. So, I only have one quote this week, but it's a great one from John Piper's This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence

God took the record of all of your sins that made you a debtor to wrath (sins are offenses against God that bring down his wrath), and instead of holding them up in front of your face and using them as the warrant to send you to hell, God put them in the palm of his Son's hand and drove a spike through them into the cross. It is a bold and graphic statement: He canceled the record of our debt...nailing it ot the cross (Col. 2:14)


Nothing to add to that, except PRAISE JESUS & AMEN!

Are you ready to play? Remember, leave your specific link below.







7 comments:

Janet said...

I agree, hallelujah and amen!

I love your idea for this carnival and have been looking forward to it since discovering it last week. Thanks for hosting!

Audrey said...

Wow, that is a very powerful quote! So glad you shared it! Praise God for His mercy and grace towards us!

Barbara H. said...

That statement is both bold and graphic, and thank God, so true.

Susanne said...

Praise God for His mercy towards us! Very powerful image that really says it all!

The Correspondent said...

THERE you are! :-) I'm glad you got to play in the snow.

Great quote, too.

Veronica @ A Quiet Heart said...

I am so excited about this carnival! I love finding, and sharing, quotes from what I am reading...And I love reading the quotes that others have found! Makes me want to add a few books to my reading list! :)
I noticed that you have Dug Down Deep on your bookshelf. I just got it the other day...can't wait to get started on it!! :)

Mrs. B said...

When do you close the link for this carnival? Is it Friday morning? I was disappointed to see that I missed it this week as well as last!