April 22, 2010

Twenty-Six

The morning is dark, still. Quietly I ease out of the warm bed, careful not to wake the one slumbering beside me. In the kitchen, I pour and stir until I am satisfied that with the muddy hue that fills my favorite cup. I settle into our meeting place, ready. He is as eager to speak as I am to listen, for He does not tarry.

But the people of Benjamin did not drive out the Jebusites who lived in Jerusalem, so the Jebusites have lived with the people of Benjamin in Jerusalem to this day
~Judges 1:21 (ESV)
Curious, my eyes fall to the bottom of the page to scan the notes. A second notice about Israelite failure...previews a series of six almost identical notices in vv. 27-36. The Israelites were apparently satisfied with a comfortable home in a productive land and were not zealous to achieve God's full purpose for their life in the land. (from the ESV Study Bible)

Despite the warmth of the coffee, I feel a chill. My skin tingles. My fingers shake as I underline this gem, one of many I've been gathering on this journey of faith and freedom.

I determine to no longer be satisfied in a comfortable home in a productive land. I praise God for tearing us away from a life of complacency. I want to be zealous to achieve God's full purpose for my life. I praise God for planting that desire in my heart, for I know it is His and not my own.

 One step closer...





1 comment:

Emie Kay said...

Praying for you, truly, as our family is in a similar time. Thanks for sharing your heart and journey.