April 25, 2010

Twenty-Three

The music begins. I bow my head as my pastor beckons those in need to come. Tears pool, blurring my vision. My eyes release them to pour down my cheeks, and suddenly I see.

The need glorify Christ in our circumstances crashes over me. It makes my soul ache. It catches my breath as I whisper the words tumbling from my heart. For a moment, I feel like Hannah. Will I be found as faithful as she?

Are others seeing You when they look at me? 

Do they know that I count this walk as a joy, a privilege for the blessing of knowing you more? 

Do they understand that even though this road is a rocky one that leads to places unknown, I would rather walk it with You than stay on the comfortable path without You? 

Have I been faithful to praise Your Name above all else?

I examine my heart, and keep putting one foot in front of the other...







1 comment:

2cats said...

I think you are doing a marvelous job of giving Him glory.