September 16, 2011

Savoring...

~football season

~Sunday mornings with my 7th & 8th grade girls

~Esther and Ruth (Reformed Expository Commentary).

~rows of canning jars, filled with ruby red tomato sauce, bright green beans, and sunshine peaches

~Chris Tomlin's Arriving. This is the only CD of his that I own. It's years old, but the songs are incredible.

~Morning and Evening: A New Edition of the Classic Devotional Based on The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. It's especially sweet to read this with my man before we turn out the lights each night.

~Yogi Peach Detox Tea

~Brown Cow Yogurt

~the last of the garden bounty. Tomatoes and eggplant have fallen to a trickle, so each new find is a treat.

~memories of a weekend with dear friends and worship at Capitol Hill Baptist Church

~the thought of bringing out the autumn decorations this weekend

What are you savoring these days?

3 comments:

Persis said...

That's a wonderful list, Melissa.

I am savoring the cooler weather with my morning cup of LIpton.

Have a blessed day and week-end!

Nikole Hahn said...

Savoring cool mornings, whole pots of coffee, and an unexpected day off. I can't wait until fall when the air grows cold and the trees change colors.

Carrie said...

Moments of shared laughter with my kids who are now old enough to start laughing at the same things I do.

Loving the kids but loving putting them to bed ALL AT THE SAME TIME NOW (!!!!) and enjoying the quietness of the evening with just my husband again.

Those would be the top two things I'm savoring at the moment.

Oh. And weekends. I'm savoring weekends wherein Daddy does NOT have to go to work!