August 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's been a strange summer - a girl too often gone, a schedule too filled, temperatures too hot, circumstances too difficult and grief too fresh. I have allowed myself to become mired in self-pity and melancholy.

Yet today I look to the words of Psalm 116 and see myself.

And I am reminded to be thankful.  This week, I'm thanking the Lord fo:

~Lunch with a sweet friend and her beautiful daughter.

~Words of encouragement

~Hot tea

~Cold medicine

~My caring husband and daughter

~Long-awaited good news from family

~A thought-provoking Bible study

~Iron-sharpening friends

~Tomato plants full of fruit

~A new ministry opportunity (more to come on that soon)

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
    our God is merciful.
The Lord preserves the simple;
    when I was brought low, he saved me.
~Psalm 116:5-6

No comments: