January 8, 2013

2013: Books I'll be Listening To

I've shared the books I'll be reading for pleasure this year. 

A friend talked me into my first audio book a couple of years ago. Since that time, it's rare that I don't have a book on CD in my car. I've learned to be discerning in what books I listen to rather than read. I've also learned that the reader is just as important as the material itself. (Personally, I think Edward Herrmann should be the designated narrator for every audio book told from a male perspective.)

I've chosen to listen to these books in 2013:

~Sense and Sensibility because I can never have enough Jane, and the story of the Dashwood sisters is undeniably beautiful.

~The Story of Edgar Sawtelle because it's been on my list for a couple of years.

~Wuthering Heights because, believe it or not, I've never read it.

~I, Coriander because I think it will be enchanting.

~A Mad Desire to Dance because Night was hauntingly beautiful.

~Bleak House because I've got one Dickens on my fiction list and wanted to give him a little more attention.

~Anna Karenina because I've never read Tolstoy.

Or Hemingway...which is why I added The Sun Also Rises to the list.

~Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage because I think it will be amazing.

~The Hiding Place because I've read excerpts from it over the years, and really want to hear the whole story.

~The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes because it's been many years since I've read Sherlock.

~And Then There Were None because I love Agatha Christie.

~Defending Jacob because it sounds intriguing.

Next time, the books I'll be studying this year.

No comments: