July 8, 2009

Seeking Him Together - Can You Forgive Me?

Astronauts face a bumpy ride when they re-enter the earth's atmosphere after a mission. Re-entry into my life hasn't been as easy as I thought. Catching up on laundry. Going back to the office. Oh yeah, and planning to rip out our master bathroom and closet. We've had a leak under our shower for months, and didn't know it until I found water standing on my bathroom floor this weekend.

Bumpy ride doesn't seem to cover it.

Amidst all that's been going on, the Seeking Him Together Bible Study has taken a back seat. I put it aside in preparation for my trip. Sadly, I'm now three weeks behind. In fact, I've got to confess that I had to contact Amber to find out what week we're on! (Hanging my head in shame).



I'd like to think that I'll catch up soon, but the truth is that this study is so powerful that I don't want to rush through it. So, I'm still in Obedience...listening intently to what the Lord is telling me.

Our participation has waned in recent weeks. I know everyone's busy with summer activities and vacations. I'm not the Seeking Him Police, since I have absolutely.no.room.to.talk! But I do want to encourage you. Bible study is just as important in the summer as it is the rest of the year. Even if you're further (farther?) behind than I am, don't sweat it. Don't let Satan discourage you and make you feel defeated. Pick up your book TODAY. Start right where you are, and let the Holy Spirit work. You'll be glad you did.

So, this week I'm going to be unconventional. (It's my right as a co-hostess). Instead of Mr. Linky and his unspoken pressure to write a post, I'm asking you to leave a comment. Tell us where you are in the study, what you're learning, and what you're struggling with. If you're on Week 9 (which is where we're scheduled to be), tell me about it. If you're on Week 5, tell me about that, too. If you've written a post, leave your link in your comment so we can all visit and encourage you.

I can't wait to read about what God's doing as you're Seeking Him!





5 comments:

Diana said...

Did you ever have that feeling back in school when you had worked ahead by mistake and then later got to relax when your homework was already done beause of it? That's how I am feeling today!
I am through chapter 9 on line and with my IRL group we are back in chapter 3, been amazing the way they have coincided.

Anyway last night I wrote a post about "where I am" and the bulk of it has to do with our study, so I am going to go ahead and share it here:
http://dianalovestowrite.blogspot.com/2009/07/let-us-run.html

Heidi said...

Way behind. Feel like I don't have enough time right now to study so hard. I've been reading Streams in the Desert and the Bible, but the Seeking Him isn't getting much seeking at the moment.

I'm sorry.
Heidi

Brandy said...

Really behind. I kinda fell out of the groove on Holiness, and then a week went by, then another, then 4 or so. I actually just started an IRL study this AM that is a short 4-week study. I am really blessed by that and looking forward to it, but I also appreciate your open-ness about where you are, and the encouragement to get back in.

Brook said...

I didn't post on Monday night like I normally do, but here is my post for week 9... http://snipssnailsandpuppydogstails.blogspot.com/2009/07/forgiveness-setting-your-captives-free.html

I'm off to work on the Me, Myself and Lies study by Jennifer Rothschild that I'm leading with a great group of women IRL. :)

His Girl said...

I totally understand your bumpy re-entry... isn't it just like satan to want to get you all derailed? three cheers for you for not giving up!

I started week 10 this week. Posted about 9 here. Now back to VBS!
http://www.hisgirlamber.com/2009/07/forgiven.html