I've read a lot of good stuff this week. Here are 5 of my favorites (in no particular order):
1. Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. ~ Hebrews 10:35-36 (ESV)
2. Encouraging emails from friends who are praying for us.
3. RT @kirkfranklin: Soldiers: God will never show up & do the supernatural as long as He is an option and not the solution. (Can I get an AMEN?)
4. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. ~ Romans 15:13 (ESV)
5. This post is such a worthwhile read. Here's an excerpt to whet your appetite.
The very first descriptive trait of the virtuous wife deals with the heart of her husband. She is a SAFE PLACE for his heart.
Amplified Bible 11The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil.
The Hebrew word for heart is leb, meaning inner man, heart, understanding, mind, will, and so forth. This is our husband’s inner place where he holds his hopes and fears, dreams and worries, desires and burdens. The Hebrew word for trust is batach, meaning to trust in, have confidence in, be secure with, to feel safe with, to be careless with. When you put them together, the excellent wife is a safe place for her husband to let down his guard and be honest about his inner burdens and struggles. He can be careless in what he reveals of himself because he has confidence in his security with his wife.~Wendy Alsup
What's been your favorite this week? Leave me a comment to let me know. And be sure to drop by Susanne's place. You'll be glad you did!
You get an AMEN from me on #2 and I love the verses you've shared from Hebrews.
I hope this weekend proves relaxing and restful for you. I'll be praying that you get some family time in soon!
all great encouragements, challenges and inspiration. I love receiving encouraging emails too.
thanks for sharing.
Amen to all of it!
Knowing friends are praying for one when one needs it is a priceless gift!
Thanks for all the encouraging verses.
I love #5! That is a nugget I'm going to have to explore further. How I want to be that safe place for my husband... and how far I have to go! Something to aspire to, though... and Jesus in me can accomplish it! :) My goal for the weekend... thank you!
Amen to all five faves!
Wow...what wonderful reading. #3 hit home with me!
Post a Comment