July 12, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday - My Palm :-)

I'm SO not technically savvy! Heck, I just got a digital camera in May. Keeping up with the latest & greatest technology isn't my thing. But life got crazy last fall. I was pushing my gray matter to the limit, trying to remember all the things I was forgetting. I started seriously thinking about a PDA (not sure what PDA stands for...see how UN-SAVVY I am?). I looked around, and almost got one, but didn't want to spend the money. So, I waited. Boy, am I glad I did! Palm came out with this little ditty, the Z22 handheld:


Ain't it just the cutest thing? It's a VERY USER-FRIENDLY PDA. It's a calendar, address book, reminder, calculator & even plays games. You can even use it for your shopping list. My favorite features are: (1) color-coded entries...so I can immediately look at see what each family member is doing (I even have colors for ministry, business & personal for myself!). (2) I can type everything in on my desktop & sync...no having to enter everything on the tiny keypad (just things that pop up while I'm away from home). and (3) For under $100...it was WELL WORTH IT. Heck, I even ordered in on-line, so I didn't have to hunt for it in the stores. (I promise, I'm not getting any commission from Palm for this plug!)

It works for me!

If you've done a WFMW, add a comment to let me know so I can check it out. You can visit Shannon for the main WFMW page.



8 comments:

Maggie said...

Cool Personal Digital assistant!

Sarah said...

Oooooh, that looks really tempting for less than $100.

Barb said...

Personal Digital Assistant.

And Oprah swears by hers! I'm pretty sure this might be the one last techie thing that topples me right over the edge into hopeless confusion. Of course, my life is so simple now I probably don't need one. I do plan, however, to have a serious discussion with both my daughters about this! :-)

Tammy said...

I'm SO technical unsavvy, too! You're one up on me by even looking into the PDA. :) My friends and aquaintances are also getting ipods and those crazy cell phones attached to their ears...

We just got our first digital camera 18 months ago before a trip, also...but this is one technically advanced thing I am grateful for!
Good tip though...for me, maybe in a couple years at the rate I'm going! :)
Blessings,
~Tammy

Melissa said...

Maggie & Barb,

Thanks for clueing me in on what PDA stands for! I really had no idea.

My sanity is worth $99! I didn't want one of those cell phone/internet/PDA combos that would really confuse me. This has been wonderful!

Tammy...I don't have an ipod either. Don't think I could download anything if I did. But my daughter has just started asking for one.

Gabriela said...

Looks cool. And less than $100? Wow. Thanks for sharing.

Overwhelmed! said...

I love this! I have a Tungsten T2 and I love it.

I posted a WFMW tip as well. Stop by and take a peek. :)

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Nice!
Try a great software app called Handyshopper. It's freeware; do a google search for it. It's great for shopping lists, etc. This is my favorite addition to my PDA--without that, I wouldn't bother with it at all!