August 16, 2006

WFMW - TWO INGREDIENT DESSERTS


I shared these recipes with Bev (that's right...we email in real life, aren't you jealous?! ;-). I don't think she believes me, but here they are...two desserts that only call for 2 ingredients!

Pineapple Angel Food Cake - Mix together one box of angel food cake mix & one 20-oz. can of crushed pineapple. Don't drain the pineapple. DON'T add eggs, oil, or whatever else the mix calls for. Use just the mix & the pineapple. Bake per cake mix directions. Easy & yummo (sorry for copying Rachael Ray, but it's appropriate here, trust me!). Very refreshing & better with light cool whip on top. Even better, it's fat-free!

Pumpkin Spice Cake (or muffins) - Mix together one box of spice cake mix & one can of pumpkin. Again, don't add anything else. Bake per cake mix directions. Another dessert that's not bad on calories, and it will remind you that fall's coming soon! (I'm doing my happy dance just thinking about it!)

2-ingredient desserts work for me! Go on over to Shannon's place to find more great ideas!


10 comments:

Girl Raised in the South said...

I am making the pineapple angel food cake one for tonights dinner. It does amaze me - a dessert I can keep the ingredients right on the shelf all the time.

So I get up, pick out what to eat, count the points and think of you, counting points. Guess that would sum up accountability? xoox

Melissa said...

Bev,

That would be accountability. Let's throw a few prayers in there, too!

Let me know how the cake turns out!

Mom2fur said...

I'm going to try this today! It sounds really, really good. I mean the pineapple one. The other recipe I'd make in the fall. Mmmmmmm...

Addie said...

Wow! I'm going to have to remember that one! Sounds too easy. :-)

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!!! I'm going to have to buy that stuff on my next grocery trip

keri said...

thanks for the EASY recipes!! these sound great and i'll have to try them soon.

Rebecca Johnson said...

I love these desserts. I'm on WW and these are ALWAYS on hand at my house! Keeps my cravings at bay.

Great post

PastormacsAnn said...

Easy recipes! Yay! Recipes Work-For-Me anyday. I'm passing these along to my girls - they're always wanting to cook something sweet.

Jennifer said...

Sounds yummo indeed!

Unknown said...

Love pumpkin bread. I am going to have to try it!!