March 9, 2007

Crawling Out of the Pit

Recently, a family member told me she enjoyed my blog, which I found odd...I haven't blogged in months. I think the Lord knew I was taking blogging WAY too seriously. He put all these barriers in my path and, all of a sudden, blogging became a chore I needed to live without. I would read blogs once in a while, but mostly I didn't have time. (I'm still trying to figure where I misplaced November...let alone all the months that followed!)

So, where have I been? As Beth Moore would say, I've been hanging out on my "Pottery Barn couch", using my "Williams-Sonoma cookware" and basically making myself comfortable in a pit. I had it decorated so nicely, I wasn't sure I wanted to leave. I have only recently seen it for the dark, slimy & miserable place that it is.

I'll be honest. I found this book, "Get out of that Pit" in Wal-Mart for 1/2 price back in January when I was on vacation. Being a Beth Moore fan & never one to pass up a deal, I bought the book even though I didn't think I needed it. I'm thankful the Holy Spirit knew how to get my attention (and can I tell you that I sent a couple of friends to that same store that week...but no other copies were marked down!).

I've been reading the book for a while now...taking my time to really soak it in. I have to say, it's hit me like a ton of bricks. I love how the Holy Spirit uses Beth to speak practical, Godly wisdom. I also admire how up-front she is about her own struggles (gives me hope!). I am grateful that she never minces words, and that she never minces The Word. Most of all, I appreciate that Beth never fails to start a dialogue between me and God. This go 'round, it's a much-needed and long overdue conversation.

I'm still reading "Make Up Your Mind". I believe I almost have. And I so want it to stick this time! So, maybe my blog will take on a new tone from now on. I'm not sure how much I'll be writing, since I'm pre-occupied with crawling out of a pit right now. But I know Who is on the other end of the rope pulling, and He's a lot stronger than I am. Praise His Name!

Now, go to Robin's to see what everyone else thought of "Get Out of That Pit", or to leave yoru own comments.






6 comments:

Susie said...

Thank you for sharing. That is so God that you found a brand new book for 1/2 price. You were meant to read it, and so were many others of us. Glad to join you in the pit recovery.

boomama said...

Hey. I've wondered where in the world you've been...so first of all I'm just glad to "see" you again. Second - I think that is HUGE that you found the book for 1/2 price - it's like God had an appointment with you, and He wanted to make sure you knew the exact time and place.

Hang in there...and hang on to Him....

Love,
SH

Robin said...

I love it when God is obvious (the book for 1/2 price) because I can tell you I paid full price at Wal-mart!

Glad you are taking your time with the book. I had to kind of rush to finish it for the book club thing since it was hosted at my blog. But I definitely got a ton out of it.

Deena Peterson said...

Isn't it cool the lengths and creativity God will go to in order to get our attention?? I ordered my copy just because it was by Beth Moore, not knowing God would use it to show me my "pitti-ness" (and pittifulness)...so glad I read it...and it's my "Former Pit Dweller" handbook!

TaunaLen said...

Hello,
Just stopping by to 'discuss' the book club book. I enjoyed reading your notes. It's cool how God marked down the book just for you. Here's to heading up and out, hanging on to God's robe!

~TaunaLen

Andrea said...

Not only is God aware that you love a great deal, He cares enough to pull you out of a slimy pit. Hallelujah! I thought the book was awesome too. Thanks for sharing! :)