UPDATED: September 2010
In the good old blog tradition, I'm doing 75 things about me (I couldn't think of 100 I'd be willing to share!)
1. I'm a list-maker.
2. Which comes in handy for this task!
3. I've got an older brother.
4. And a younger sister.
5. That puts me in the middle.
6. I was NOT the classic overlooked middle child.
7. But growing up, I thought I was.
8. I don't know my biological father.
9. I have a great dad.
10. When I was in high school, I wanted to go to college here.
11. But I ended up going to college here.
12. I made the right choice for me.
13. I came back to my hometown after college.
14. I planned to move away.
15. 17 years later, I'm still here. It's been 20 years now.
16. When I was a teenager, I thought I was proud atheist.
17. I was really a blasphemer.
18. God had other plans for me.
19. He grabbed my heart at 24.
20. I accepted His grace and forgiveness at 28.
21. I can't believe He died for me.
22. I'm so glad He did.
23. Because I'm going to Heaven.
24. And I can thank Him in person.
25. I'm married to my best friend.
26. I love spending time with him.
27. I don't deserve him.
28. I have a beautiful daughter.
29. I don't deserve her, either.
30. I could read "Pride and Prejudice" once a year & still love it.
31. It's my favorite book ever.
32. I wish I were as spunky as Eliza Bennett.
33. But I'm not.
34. I love roller coasters.
35. And snow.
36. And coffee.
37. And good friends.
38. And Motown.
39. And Frank Sinatra.
40. I'm not really a cryer. I've probably cried more in the last year than in my entire life.
41. That doesn't mean I don't care.
42. I am not patient. At all.
43. God's working on that one.
44. I'm the tallest female on either side of my family.
45. I'm only 5'6".
46. My favorite Gospel is Luke.
47. My favorite Old Testament book is Joshua.
48. I've never seen "Willie Wonka & The Chocolate Factory".
49. I don't feel deprived.
50. I have a weakness for chocolate.
51. Especially Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Not so much anymore.
52. And Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. See #51.
53. I can tell you which episode of "M*A*S*H" is airing within 30 seconds of its start.
54. I still watch it almost every night. Not much of a TV watcher anymore.
55. I'd rather watch Food Network than just about anything else on TV. The exception to #54.
56. I'm not a great cook. Actually, I started cooking more in the last year, & my family loves it.
57. I keep hoping I'll learn by watching. I have.
58. Or reading one of the many, many cookbooks I own. I don't have so many anymore.
59. I'm an avid reader.
60. Though I don't have much time for it. But I make time.
61. I don't have a green thumb.
62. But I keep trying. Turned that over to my husband & daughter.
63. I like the beach in 3 seasons.
64. Summer isn't one of them.
65. I get sunburned faster than anyone I know.
66. I stay inside a lot.
67. I'm a big sports fan.
68. I'm not athletic.
69. I wanted to be a lawyer when I grew up.
70. I'm a paralegal instead.
72. I co-teach an adult Sunday School class. Now it's youth girls.
73. I'm amazed anyone would listen to what I have to say.
74. Or read what I write.
75. But I do it for Him. And that's what counts.