May 3, 2007

God's Seminary

As I was thinking about the 4o by 40 Scripture for this week (which is horribly late, I know!), the Lord led me to David Jeremiah's website. This is the devotion for today. Boy, was it something I needed to hear!

God's Seminary

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. -- Ephesians 2:10


God is preparing you for the ministry that He is preparing for you. He's working at both ends of the process--in your life to prepare you for a unique role of service, and He's preparing beforehand the work He'll give you in His timing. So wherever you are right now is God's classroom for future service.

Joseph's prison term prepared him to be God's man on Egypt's throne. Moses' years in Pharaoh's court equipped him for his tasks as leader of Israel. For years Joshua served as Moses' aide, and Elisha did the same for Elijah; God was preparing them both as successors. Paul's years in Arabia were readying him for years of missionary service. Even Jesus experienced an extended period of preparation in the carpenter's shop of Nazareth.

Whatever you are right now, God is giving you experiences that are training you for future service. It may be over a long period of time or only a few minutes, but He equips us with what we need to serve Him.

Think of your circumstances today as God's Seminary.




Just to let you know, I put all of the 40 by 40 Scriptures in one spot on my sidebar.

Have a blessed day!
Melissa

1 comment:

Rachel Anne said...

I just taped this scripture to my steering wheel so I could meditate on it during my 2 hour round trip to my job site today. What a blessing your words are. Hmmm. God telling me something??