June 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, Baby!


Today is my sweetie's birthday. In his honor, I'm recycling a Thursday Thirteen I did a while back.

Though there are MANY more, here are 13 reasons why I love my man:

1. He's my best friend.

2. He's a fun person to hang around with. He's been with me to gaze at the Paris skyline from the Eiffel Tower. Held my hand as we walked the streets of NYC shortly after 9/11. And sat beside me on a Duck Tour in Boston. Whether we're spending 18 hours together in a car (in one weekend), flying across the "big pond", getting lost on our honeymoon, or turning the search for a Christmas tree into a weekend affair...our adventures have always been fun.


3. He watches "Iron Chef America" & "Throwdown with Bobby Flay", and actually enjoys it.

4. He nursed me through 5 surgeries in 4 years. He took care of everything for me. Heck, the man even shaved my legs! Now THAT's true love!

5. He's patient. Not one of my virtues. Not even close to being one of my virtues. But he's got it in spades. I guess the Holy Spirit gave R my portion of that particular fruit of the spirit.

6. He's got great legs, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. Years ago, some friends watching him play softball dubbed him "Legs". (Once at a softball game, our pastor's toddler got confused on the nickname & yelled out, "Go, Foot!")

7. He's devoted, faithful and loyal to those he loves.

8. He calls me and CJ "his girls". He loves to take care of us ~ from backscratches to foot rubs, to killing spiders and snakes. The man can do it all and, believe, me, he's had to.

9. He introduced me to Jesus. There's no way I can thank him enough for that. At least I can spend eternity trying, though!

10. He is encouraging me in my weight loss. (Bye-bye to another pound this week!)

11. He cherishes me. He may not bring me flowers, write poetry, serenade me, or wine & dine me, but I know, without a doubt, that he loves me. That I'm an important part of his life. That he doesn't want to live without me. Knowing that makes my heart melt. (correction: I meant to say he may not ALWAYS do these things. He hardly ever brings me flowers, NEVER writes me poetry or serenades me, but he occasionally wines & dines me...as much as our schedules & wallets allow!)

12. He's great with kids. (I think it's because he's a big one himself!) CJ's friends & cousins all love him to pieces, and he's always willing to play with them.

13. He supports me in whatever I do. Whether it's giving me time to prepare my Sunday School lesson, lead a Bible study, work on my Southern Living at Home business, exercise, or minister to a friend...he's usually willing to do what it takes to help me do it.

I am one very, very, very blessed woman!

Happy Birthday, honey!

Melissa

No comments: