July 9, 2007

Savoring the Weekend

On Monday mornings, I often find myself grumbling that my weekend went too fast. What did I do? Where did the time go? So, I'm going to start a new feature:




Savoring the Weekend


I'll be posting scenes from the weekend, so I can remember what this sweet time in my family's life is like. Since rocking chairs are one of my very favorite things, I figured that's where I'll tell you about my weekend. Notice there are TWO chairs, so you can sit down beside me to chat. I'll make some Starbucks House Blend or hot English Breakfast Tea (you decide) and we can rock out to our hearts' content.

Well, virtually, anyway...


I'm actually posting about two weekends in this first post.

~Driving to the beach in pouring down rain & seeing lightning across the ocean. Astoundingly beautiful. I was awestruck by our powerful God.

~Sitting on the beach (under 2 umbrellas, of course!), eyes closed and being totally relaxed.

~Hugs & kisses from an 18-month old boy who is just too precious!

~Playing games with CJ & our friends

~Heading out early to have the beach practically to ourselves, and watching CJ play in the waves. I don't know that I see her any happier than when she's at the beach.

~Shopping at a farmer's market (the best cantaloupe I've had in years)

~A Sunday School cookout; eating & fellowshipping in perfect weather, under a couple of very large, very old oak trees


And this past weekend...

~Riding this in the dark...fantastic!

~Lunch & this movie with CJ and friends

~Hearing CJ & one of her oldest friends (who's visiting from her new home in Georgia) giggling in the back seat

~Watching CJ take notes during the sermon yesterday. Our pastor preached on obedience. I think the Lord is trying to tell me something!

~Praying with a dear, dear friend

~Picking up CJ's other oldest friend (who's moved across the state), and taking the girls to camp.

~Walking leisurely through K*hls and T*rget, all alone, with no particular agenda. Followed by dinner at P*nera & dessert at my favorite coffee place.

~The long drive home alone (good thing I had caffeine & Randy Travis' greatest hits to keep me company!)

~Reading a book, without interruption



So, what did your weekend look like? Pull up your rocking chair & tell me all about it.


Melissa

5 comments:

Alana said...

Wow, sounds like a couple of WONDERFUL weekends!

Donnetta said...

What a great idea for a post.

My weekend consisted of dirt from camping, sweat from triple digit temperatures and sunburns from the blazing sun. Wrapped in all that it contained precious memories of camping with my family and friends. A weekend to be cherished indeed!!

And by the way, thanks for the Starbucks! ;-) YUMMY!

Kate said...

~Walking leisurely through K*hls and T*rget, all alone, with no particular agenda. Followed by dinner at P*nera & dessert at my favorite coffee place.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend part of a weekend.

Kate

Jennifer said...

I'll have some of that Starbucks, please!

We had a great weekend visiting with hubby's family that we hadn't seen in years.

Alycia said...

What a wonderful idea!! This is a super idea for remembering our special times over the weekends and you will look back and be so thankful for the lists you make. Hope you are doing well this week!