November 29, 2007

Insert Your Own Title Here

When I first started blogging, I wanted to be one of those breezy bloggers...full of wit and an uncanny ability to make even the mundane seem spectacularly funny. Since that's far from the person I am in "real life", it didn't take long for me to realize that my blog wouldn't have that personality, either. (Sidenote: I don't watch this show anymore, but I can't help but think of Monica Geller saying, "I'm breezy"...when she most definitely was not!) Since I don't have a knack for making the everyday seem remotely interesting, I've tried to devote my blog to the deeper things in my life (just remember, "deep" is a relative term).

Like everyone else, I have limited time. Reading blogs has fit into my schedule, but writing...not so much lately. I've got several posts in mind, but I'm too busy mulling over things going on in my corner of the world (you know, the working, the shopping, the bill-paying...) to really breathe life into those thoughts.

The postman brought me two neat gifts this week, and I want to share those with you. And can I just say that Proverbs ROCKS! And so does JoAnne Heim! I will share what I'm learning & hopefully post something with at least a teensy bit of substance, after I decorate my new tree this weekend. (I loved having a live tree, but I'm excited that the artificial is going to allow me one less thing to do in December...it's all about simplicity!)

And now, go find something more worthwhile to read!

8 comments:

Janelle said...

That is so ironic. I really thought I would have a more serious side to my blog. I am finding that it is hard for me to have real deep meaning. What does that say about me?

Your blog is definitely worthwhile!

Alana said...

I love that not every blog is alike. If they were, how boring would that be? Different blogs meet different needs for me. Yours definitely serves a spiritual need and it challenges me as well!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Well, gee, thanks! I think you rock too!

Joanne

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I hope you have fun decorating. I so desperatly want a fake tree, but the hubby won't have it...maybe if I declare it in the name of "simplicity" :) I think I am just gonna hand it to him this year to take care of and if he doesn't, well then I think we'll have a chat about next year!

I have loved your blog and appreciate your writing when you have the time. Blogging time has been on my mind a lot...

I have to say, my blog has developed into more than I thought it would be. I didn't realize it would help me process my walk with God as it has done.

OK - enough rambling here! See you next week!

Susan said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks so much for popping into my blog and leaving a comment. I'm so glad you found me through Joanne. Looking forward to getting to know you thru this bloggy journey.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blog! I am a new blogger and am trying to develop it into what I really want it to be, but life in general seems to get in the way of my "deep" thoughts. Thanks for being so inspiring!

Angie said...

Your blog is a blessing to me. Love the music too.

Heather C said...

I love your blog! I'm glad it is just what it is... :)

God bless you, Melissa!

Heather