February 6, 2008

Right Now I'm

Sitting at my desk, avoiding laundry and dishes.

Wishing it was 10 pm, so I could watch "Project Runway". (This gal is my favorite contestant)

Feeling a little ashamed for not being very nice to R earlier.

Listening in disbelief at the air conditioning kicking on. (it was 80° here today!)

Hoping tomorrow's forecast of cooler weather is accurate.

Wondering why I'm not reading my library book instead of blogging.

Contemplating downloading this soundtrack and this album from iTunes.

Thinking I've let myself in for it by agreeing to speak at our church's annual Ladies' Day Tea. My topic...In Pursuit of Peace & Simplicity.

Planning how to use a bookstore gift card this weekend (which doesn't break my commitment).

Praying that God will settle my spirit and give me a better attitude about some things.

Needing to end this post and spend some time with my hubby.

10 comments:

Janelle said...

I love this post. I hope you and your husband had some much needed time together.

80 degrees? WOW!

His Girl said...

this is a great post. thanks for sharing what you're doing...

amazing how many things we do in the course of an instant, no?

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I can't wait to hear more about your speaking to the ladies in your church.

Kimberly said...

Right now I'm...
glad I came by your blog. :)
Hope you are feeling more settled today and totally wrapped up in His love!!!!
K :)

Julie said...

I'm enjoying your blog... I came over here from The Simple Wife. Peace and simplicity are definitely things I have been yearning for.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me...but I so enjoy your blog...great post...I can relate to much of it...

I hope you had a good reconnecting time with your husband...

Blessings to you,

Helen

nannykim said...

I want to here more about your speaking on Simplicity ;-)

Rochelle said...

I loved the honesty and simplicity of this post. :)

Alana said...

Ditto to everyone else. Loving this post. Rochelle said it well...honest and simple.

nannykim said...

Thanks for telling me about the book--it looks like exactly what I was trying to find!! When you finish it tell me how helpful it is, will ya? I have put it on my Amazon wish list.