April 28, 2008

Prayer Request

The tornado that passed through southeast Virginia yesterday hit just 30 minutes away from my home. I have several friends who work in that area and were there when it hit. Their buildings that were damaged, but they are okay. Praise God, there are no fatalities listed yet!

Please pray for those affected. The clean-up is going to be a long, arduous process. Over 100 homes are totally destroyed, and many more damaged. More than 200 injuries (the hospital was hit, but stayed open to receive patients).

And please pray that God's people will join together to accomplish His work and reach out to those in need. May we glorify His Name through this tragedy.

10 comments:

Alyce said...

Perfect song for your entry today! We are praising Jesus here. How do you add links.. like where you have "tornado".. I am still learning. I too updated my blog this morning too though.
Have a great day and keep me posted..
Alyce

Deidre said...

So sorry to hear that ... praying.

His Girl said...

I'm sorry to hear about this- but am super glad you're okay...

My He bless you and keep you this day, friend!

Mary said...

I will keep them in my prayers. We had a similar tornado here in Nov 2005. Over 20 people were killed and many of my friends and family had considerable damage to their homes. Tornadoes are just terrifying to me.

Kelly said...

I will definitely be praying--we have experienced this recently. There is a need for much healing and rebuilding. He is faithful and sufficient!

Jill said...

I saw that on the news this morning and it was just terrible to see the devastation. I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Alana said...

I wondered about you when I saw that. I wasn't sure where you were at exactly. So thankful that you are safe and that there have been no fatalities.

Prayers headed your way!

Tracy said...

So thankful you and your family are safe. Know that the other families are in my prayers.

Blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Praying for those near you that were affected by the tornado. My hometown was hit by an F4 tornado on February 5th and my mother-in-law has been out of her home since then. The clean-up is turning out to be an incredibly long process with much left to do. I'm glad you weren't affected by the Virginia tornado! God Bless!

Holly said...

Where in VA are you? I live in Chester... just a few minutes away from Colonial Heights, that was hit earlier in the day before the Suffolk area. Glad you and yours are ok! We're all fine here, too.