May 6, 2008

Things I'm Mulling Over

~We can make nothing that deeply matters turn out the way we want. - Larry Crabb, The PAPA Prayer

~He [God] wants you to be not only like Jesus, but He also wants you to help your husband become as much like Jesus as possible. - Martha Peace, The Excellent Wife

~God wants us to stop living for ourselves, to stop destroying relationships, and to start living for Him...It is easy to live for yourself, but ultimately unfulfilling and empty. - The Excellent Wife

~Take my voice and pour it out, Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found, For I have nothing, I have nothing without You. - Bebo Norman (turn on your speakers to hear this beautiful worship offering)

~God gifts us, expecting us to use the gifts He gives. - taken from my pastor's sermon this past Sunday

~The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning. - Psalm 25:14 (AMP)

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the quotes, melissa! And thanks for comming by for a visit. I have been reading The Excellent Wife, and I love it! I just haven't been able to post about it yet. My sister was in town and then my son had surgery, so it's been hectic. I hope to catch up on posting soon. Blessings!

His Girl said...

what a lovely collection of thoughts! I am going to be singing that song all day! it's one of my favorites!

Deidre said...

Great, great quotes. I need to read The Excellent Wife.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I have missed you Melissa!

I have been busy and away from my computer.