September 3, 2008

Around the House - September

I am:

~finished with the Book of John (it only took me 8 months!). I'm glad I took it slowly...what goodness there was to be gleaned!

~starting in the Book of Isaiah, and looking ahead to a good Word!

~so happy that temps have fallen back into the 80s.

~grateful that CJ's primary teacher this year is a Christian (also a friend).

~proud of my girl for seeking out a classmate who was being left out. I've been praying that CJ will grab opportunities to minister to others this year...she's going to have plenty of them.

~wishing Chris Long was still a Cavalier.

~woefully behind in blog reading.

~rethinking how much blog reading I do.

~eagerly waiting to see how God's going to use me with the youth and in my Sunday School class.

~thankful to be getting back into a routine. Summer's freedom was nice, but I don't do well without a routine for very long. I like structure. Rising early, menu planning, and setting goals for the day all do my heart good.

~ecstatic that there is NOTHING. NADA. ZILCH. on our calendar for this weekend! I plan to fill it with giving the house a scrub down, board games, a DVD & popcorn, worship, rest, and good book. Heck, I might stay in my PJs all weekend, except when we go to church Sunday morning!

Happy Wednesday, friends!

7 comments:

Leah said...

I so agree with you on the structure thing - I need it as much as everyone in my home needs it! It's fun to have the summer to goof off, but I'm ready to get back to the grindstone. We'll start school on Monday, and I feel like it's finally time. The weather is gorgeous this week - highs in the low 70's and upper 60's. Ideal to me!! Happy fall!

Kate said...

Our Bible reading paths are the same. We went from John (to Matthew and Mark) and now we are in the twenty something chapter of Isaiah. It has been eye opening to say the least. Our hearts have become greatly burdened for friends and family but even more so, we are overwhelmed with our own pride. Sobering.

Kate

Alyce said...

Your weekend sounds nice!

Does CJ have Melissa??

Jill said...

I'm very far behind in blog reading, too. Have you started the Sunday School class yet? I may have missed that detail.

Heather C said...

I'm behind too, but learning that there is a season for everything, and sometimes blogging isn't the top of the list. Simplify, right? Someone smart helped impress that upon me this year. :)

God bless, Melissa... I enjoyed reading your random musings. :)

Heather

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

I am with you friend on the "woefully behind in blog reading" and "rethinking how much blog reading I do".

I would prefer to just read a few anymore and really build relationships...is that even possible with blogging??

Unknown said...

Blog reading is something that I do much much less of these days as well. Writing has taken over that time spent.

I lament it a bit, but I've found that just by checking in weekly (or not even) and sort of catching up, my time is decreased a lot and I don't have to totally cull my blogs.

I just tagged you.