December 17, 2008

More Than I Ever Imagined

After I wrote about visiting my college town, my good buddy Jill & I got to chatting (okay, emailing) about our college years. I told her that, although I love visiting C'ville, I really don't have many good memories of that time in my life.

I've shared a glimpse of those years in my testimony. When I look back now, I see a girl trapped by her own need for love and acceptance...a need which ruined many relationships in my life, both friendships and romances. I see a girl who was desperate and lost, and who felt utterly hopeless that life would bring any sort of love and happiness her way.

But Jesus.

He has poured out His blessings on me abundantly...held nothing back. I am a woman whose life is overflowing with the love of others. A fantastic husband, a great daughter, phenomenal youth girls, dear friends and beautiful children regularly love on me. More than that, my sweet, sweet Jesus is constantly showing me how much He cares for me.

If, during my high school and college years, you'd told me that my life would be so rich and full, I would've insisted that you were talking to the wrong gal. I never, in a million years, would have imagined that I'd be in this place...and I am completely undone.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20-21

4 comments:

much2ponder said...

Sounds like your life has taken a turn in the right direction. I am happy for you that you have so many loving people in your life. God is good:)

Jill said...

You are truly blessed! I loved reading your testimony again, and had never read about your courtship. Loved it!

Lisa Spence said...

Amen, sister.

Alana said...

This post just makes me smile!