I haven't participated in Mer's 10 on the 10th in a while, but her list today was so fun that I'm totally copying it. So, here are 10 things that I'm enjoying right now:
1. Cooler temps. Praise Jesus, Amen.
2. College Football. My alma mater probably couldn't beat a high school team this year, but I enjoy watching SEC football.
3. The NFL season opens tonight...with my beloved Steelers playing the Titans. In case you hadn't guessed, football is my favorite sport.
4. Reading this book as part of Joanne's Read + Chat + Live. There's still plenty of time to join us, so come on!
5. My Senior High Girls' Sunday School class. I really have a bunch of awesome girls, and I seriously heart them!
6. CJ. My girl started middle school Tuesday. After the reality of that hit (and I shed just a couple of tears), I realized how much she's grown over the summer. There are still plenty of days with pre-teen attitude, but she's also assuming more responsibility around the house. LAtely, she's wanted to help cook practically every dinner...more accurately, she's wanted me to help her cook. I'm not complaining!
7. Pumpkin Muffins. We just made our first batch Monday.
8. Getting back into a routine. I enjoy the laid back, non-scheduled days of summer for a while, but I do love the routines we've established in our home in the past two years. Still trying to keep things peaceful and simple!
9. My favorite season. I'm an autumn and winter girl.
10. The progress we're making on the bathroom...at long last! We're 2 months in, and things have been S.L.O.W. But it looks like things are finally starting to move in the right direction. Honestly, it hasn't been so bad sharing a bathroom and having the contents of our closet stuffed into our room. (I guess Peru gave me some perspective on that.) We've been able to make some changes to make things more open/functional/pretty. And I've learned that we had WAY TOO MANY clothes! I told R that if we can live without the clothes we stored in the attic during this time, then we should just take them to consignment instead of trying to cram them back in. Thankfully, he agrees. Funny, our closet was the one area I never finished purging. I kept putting it off. I guess God had other plans.
If you've stuck with me this long, head over to Meredith's to see the other 10 on the 10th posts. But first, leave me a comment and let me know what you're enjoying these days.