February 22, 2010

The Week in Words: February 22

http://breathoflifeministries.blogspot.com/2010/01/announcing-week-in-words.html


I don't know about you, but since I've started this carnival I've been much more intentional about my reading. I pay more attention to the words. I start the next week's post early, so I can immediately put in any quote that catches my fancy. Here's the best of this past week.

In this social media day and age, eyes are on us whether we know it or not. We are creating a reputation that will not only become a legacy but a lamp illuminating our character. Every tweet, facebook blurb, blog post, etc., is a catalog of who we are and what we are reflecting to the world. We are called, as followers of Jesus, to be intentional, prayerful, and wise about our presence.
- from this post at (in)courage, written by Sarah Mae

~RT @kirkfranklin: God is NOT trying to figure out His next move for you. you just need to make sure you're ready for it. Sovereign. 

And just for fun:

"It is enough," said she; "to say that he is unlike Fanny is enough. It implies everything amiable. I love him already." - Mrs. Dashwood to Elinor, Sense and Sensibility (Insight Editions) (a very fun edition indeed!)

Your turn! Remember, the link's up til Friday.







3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Those are all good, but I especially like the second one.

Carrie said...

That quote is an excellent reminder!

Yes, I've been a bit more intentional about paying attention to words and phrases. That's been a good exercise for me - so thanks!

Janet said...

That first quote, especially, is very insightful. Good and challenging words!