May 7, 2010

Eleven

Months ago, the Lord directed us to stop. To wait. Such a hard thing to do, impossible without his grace. These days of waiting, of not knowing, have been a strong reminder of  John 15:5 and the unfathomable depth of my need of Him.

My Father often speaks to me in acronyms. For this season, With All, I Trust.

Did I?

Could I?

Would I?

Daily, sometimes hourly, I've cried out to God. The burden of the wait, and the trusting in the wait, has been heavy. Tears have come when words wouldn't. It's been a season of glimpses, of being upheld by believing God is faithful even when I wasn't quite sure I believed.

In the past few weeks, my body has tensed in anticipation of His arrival.

Today, at last, He has come. The map of our future in his nail-scarred hands, unfurled past "You are Here"

It's time to move.



It will be said on that day,
"Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us.
This is the LORD; we have waited for him;
let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."
~Isaiah 25:9 (ESV)