Stepping away from the usual fare of this blog in an effort to help my friend Becky learn to fold a fitted sheet.
1. Turn the sheet inside out.
2. Holding it lengthwise, put your hands into the "pockets" (corners)
3. Bring the pockets together, so that the seam points touch and "flip" one side onto the other (at this point, you'll have the sheet on one hand & it will no longer be inside out)
4. Pick up the bottom pockets with your free hand, and tuck them together.
5. Holding the sheet lengthwise again (you should have 2 pockets in your hands, and the flat edge of the sheet along the bottom), fold those two pockets together. This leaves you with only 1 rounded corner.
6. Lay the sheet on a flat surface and pull the long side with the rounded corner toward the other side. Repeat with the short side with the rounded corner, until you have four straight sides. Then fold as you would a flat sheet.
Becky wanted me to post a video, but my technology savvy only goes so far. However, I did find this video of a MAN folding a fitted sheet, almost exactly as I do it (although I find it easier to stand instead of using a flat surface, until Step # 6) Hopefully this will help!