July 26, 2006

WFMW - Weight Watchers On-Line

UGH! I can't get Blogger to upload the Works for Me Wednesday Banner! Sorry, Shannon!

Several years ago, I did Weight Watchers. Actually, while I did it, it was pretty successful. But I got tired of keeping track of points. I'm not a math person. And I hated using those slide charts!
I just gave up.

This spring, I finally got motivated to lose weight again. I tried it on my own for a while, but I wasn't getting the results I'd hoped for. I didn't want to go to WW again, because: (a) I didn't want to pay $10/week just to weigh on someone else's scales; and (b) I didn't go to the meetings because the leader was annoying. Richard Simmons annoying. I looked at all the other diets, but everything else was cost-prohibitive or taste-prohibitive!

Then I found Weight Watchers on line. Easiest thing in the world! Much cheaper (after the $29.95 joining fee, it's only $16.95/month). Most foods are in the data base. You click, and it adds the food to your day. If the food isn't on the list, you can add it (you just need calories, total fat & fiber...enter it once & you're done, NO SLIDE CHARTS!). You can keep a list of favorite foods & activities. It keeps a running tab of your daily points. (I admit, I like the challenge of seeing how much I can eat and not break my points limit!) It even keeps a running tab of your activity points and weekly bonus points for the swap-outs (so I know that 30 minutes of aerobics = ice cream!) You weigh at home once a week & enter your weight...it also tracks that for you!

My favorite feature is the ability to plan my week out. I can enter menus for the whole week (and print them if I want) and decide when to swap out my activity points & extra points for the week. I'm able to eat what I want, but be more sensible about it. It gives me accountability (I'm paying for it, so I want to succeed) without the hassle of a meeting I don't have time for. And no special food! Best of all, I lost 2 pounds in my first week :-)

Weight Watchers on-line works for me. If you want to see more Works for Me Wednesday ideas, head over to Shannon's blog. Next time, I'll try to have the graphic for you!

8 comments:

Beck said...

That's such a great idea that I immidiately went and looked up the Canadian weight watchers online site. I think I'll join, too. Thanks!

keri said...

hi...i did the WW online thing last fall and it certainly worked for me! i lost 10 lbs. unfortunately i've gained it back since then!! summer means ice cream for me....and i've just been slacking on my portions. but it definitely works if you stick to it!
keri

Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

I may have to go check that out! I am working on losing baby weight and need some back up!

Barb said...

What a great idea. I'm going to check this out. I need to break my nuked-leftovers-for-breakfast and pizza-rolls for lunch habit. I've always been convinced eating heathly food in moderation is the secret. But who has the will power to do that?

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

There's a group of us sort of doing our own ww on-line. Everyone posts their points and weight daily.

It's at pointcounting.blogspot.com

Feel free to join! :)

Girl Raised in the South said...

I may try that. I'm with you - I hate going to the meetings, sitting there. I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm finally home to stay for more than a month in a row come mid-October. If I can just hold til then it'll be less to lose. Seriously, sitting here reading this I JUST ate a heath klondike. Thank the Lord we walked the neighborhood hills earlier this evening and that burned up more than what I ate.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Melissa, I joined WW online this past Monday - and then couldnt remember who had recommended it. I finally found it today - you did! So thanks, I just decided to bite the bullet and do it, travel or not. If it even keeps me from gaining more for the next weeks thats a good thing. And I love that as long as I have my computer with me, I have WW. Thanks for the advice. I love WFMW - I truly have gotten the best ideas from it.

Jenny said...

I joined WW in March, and I did okay. I ended up losing 4.4 pounds, then gained 2 back (Okay did I say I did okay??). Anyhow I haven't been back since May. I've been doing the core thru my home,but this online idea sounds awesome. In Canada it's $15 a week to go to a meeting.
I think I'll join online~!