WELL...I'VE TRIED UNSUCCESSFULLY TO LOAD THE THURSDAY BANNER, BUT BLOGGER IS GOING CRAZY TODAY! SO, IMAGINE IT...IT'S REALLY CUTE W/ PURPLE LETTERS & SWIRLIES...
Several of my blogging buddies have done 13 things they'll never say. I'm not brave enough to make a list of things I'll never say...but I will go out on a limb & tell you things I'm pretty sure no one will ever say to me. NOT EVER. But, if I ever hear any of these, I won't have to eat my words...I will be unconscious from shock!
1. Great tan! As a friend said to me last night, she & I are two of the whitest women she's ever known! I don't go out in the sun unless I'm coated in SPF 45 (and even then I still get a little pink!)
2. Thanks for cooking breakfast, honey. I doubt R would thank me for cooking pop-tarts, and that's the extent of my breakfast cuisine. Besides, why should I make breakfast when he's so darn good at it?
3. You need to gain some weight. To be honest, my dad DID tell me that all the time when I was in high school & college. No one's said that to me in 15 years, though!
4. If someone sees our family together, CJ looks JUST LIKE YOU. Particularly this time of year, when she's got a beautiful tan. CJ put it so well once when she said, "Mama, if people think I look like you, it's because they haven't seen my dad!"
5. Not tonight, honey. I've got a headache. Do I really need to explain this one?
6. Paula Deen has nothing on you! I'm a pretty decent cook, but COME ON. She's PAULA DEEN!
7. You're sure you don't want coffee? Me, turn down coffee? Nope. Ain't gonna' happen!
8. How was sky diving? I'm not that stup...I mean, adventurous!
9. You're such a great athlete! My philosophy is...Sports are for watching, not playing!
10. Has anyone ever told you that you look like Eva Longoria? Well, let's see, except for the fact that she's short & has a french boyfriend....Oops, I just woke up. NOTHING about me resembles the beautiful Gabrielle on Desperate Housewives!
11. I'd love to do my chores, Mommy! If CJ EVER says this one, I'll GLADLY eat my words. With ketchup, please.
12. You're so much like your sister. Love her to pieces, but we don't look alike & we certainly don't act alike. Very different personalities. But we really are friends. Her Christmas gift to me this year, a pillow that said, "I smile because you're my sister. I laugh because there's nothing you can do about it!" I'm glad!
13. Honey, why don't I clean the bathrooms for a change? That one just might send me to the Pearly Gates!