May 8, 2007

Because a Little Encouragement Goes a LONG Way

In March, the Lord pushed led me to approach the 40th year of my life from a new viewpoint. To quote Patti LaBelle, I've got a new att-i-tude. You may have noticed this cute "40 by 40" button on my side bar, courtesy of Boomama. Click here to read the first post, which introduces the 40 by 40 Plan.




I said it then, and I'll say it now, this is definitely a GOD thing!

The Scriptures are listed in a sidebar link. God's been so good!

Several friends (bloggers and at home) have jumped in on the Scripture memory part of the challenge. Unfortunately for me, most of my friends are stick thin and didn't need to join me in the weight loss challenge ;p So, while I've been doing Weight Watchers on-line, it's been pretty lonely & I've only had moderate success (10 pounds since mid-March). Honestly, I was close to throwing in the towel, and then I found out about this great new blog, Tales from the Scales. You can click on this button to read about the challenge, from May 8th - September 18th.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


So, now I've got a blogging support group! I'm so excited to have a place to go and read others' struggles, ideas and success stories.

I won't even go into how I got where I am. Suffice it to say that too much chocolate, too many runs through the W*endy's drive-thru, and not enough exercise have been the major contributors. But I'm learning to change those habits (well, not so much the chocolate thing!) I've become addicted to 100 calorie snack packs. I've drastically cut my fast food visits. I've started walking more. Small changes I can live with for the rest of my life, instead of huge sacrifices that I'll come to resent.

My goal is to lose 20 pounds by September 18th. (I'd like to do more, but I also want to be realistic and not set myself up for failure.) I'll be posting my results each Wednesday, along with a verse to remember. Hope you'll be joining me!


Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!!!

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

Glad you're sticking with your goals. We'll have a good time. See ya' at the Scales.

Robin said...

I'm so glad you didn't give up - we can do this "together". Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

It's never about the food, is it? It's always about God. More of Him, less of me. I'll be checking back to see how you're doing.
Sandy
homeschoolblogger.com/fallinglikerain