June 15, 2007

It's Fantabulous!


It's time to give Him some more praise!

#1 - It's the last day of school. F.I.N.A.L.L.Y! I can't believe 3rd grade is over! It's been a great year, and CJ has matured & blossomed in so many ways. So much so that she's leaving for a week of summer camp on Sunday. We've got to finish laundry & packing tomorrow! I'm going to miss her to pieces, but I know she's going to have a great time. (will you say a prayer for her...she's a bit nervous about leaving home for more than a weekend)

#2 - I've had some amazing time with the Lord this week. I started studying the Book of James. I'm taking it very slowly...just a couple of verses a day to allow them to really soak in. I'll start sharing next week, after the obedience series is done (been tied up with camp prep & will finish that sometime over the weekend).

#3 - I said BUH-BYE to another .8 of a pound. Considering I had one of these


which only has about 1,738 WW points...I feel pretty great!

#4 - R's done with second shift, and we have a family date tonight!

C'mon, I wanna know what's been fantabulous in your life this week?

Melissa

9 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Melissa,
Saw your comment over at Military Mommy and stopped by to say hello!

I just saw Sweet Home Alabama (listed on your favorites) a few weeks ago and LOVED it.

Blessings,
Julie @ A Joyful Life

kittyhox said...

Ooh, James. I just went through that chapter a couple of months ago, and it was like almost every verse was 100% applicable to my life/soul. Loved it!

Then I went through Exodus. Not so much. It's still amazing and God-breathed (as Beth Moore puts it). But in a "WOW! I needed THAT!" kind of way.

But now I've started Matthew, and it's amazing how God times it so that I'm in just the right place (in his Word) at just the right time.

I'm reading the Bible, but not intensely. I just want to read every word this summer and then go back to more in-depth study when my ladies Bible study resumes in the fall.

Barb said...

You know, Melissa, my Mandy teaches third grade and she said the difference in the kids between the first and last day of school is just amazing. It's a big leap to fourth grade. Suddenly they're not "little kids" any more.

Everything in my life is fantabulous right now, it's all so exciting with the wedding one week away now. Everything except Chelsea's disastrous trip to the groomer yesterday. That is decidedly NOT fantabulous. But everything else is! LOL

PEZmama said...

Love me some James. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.

As for as the fanbatulousness of this week:
Going away for a night with just my husband; going to the US Open; seeing Phil Mickelson; spending some family time at the pool; my youngest finally got into the water and had a great time. Yay!

Holly said...

I like your Fantabulous Friday post! There's just something special about Fridays. Glad school is out for y'all and that summer is here. Hope camp goes well. Great job with your May challenge this week too.
Enjoy your family date and your weekend!

Anonymous said...

She is going to love camp!!! I hated to leave my parents but always had so much fun!

I am going to teach third grade this upcoming year. I think I will really enjoy it, especially compared to my previous fifth grade class!

Have a great weekend!

Musings of a Housewife said...

I taught 3rd grade for 2 years and loved EVERY MINUTE of it.

And James. I once did a 3-part study by Carole Ruvolo. Awesome book. So much practical stuff in there.

What is fantabulous this week? Hmm. Just having my kiddos home with me all the time. I'm loving it!!!

Betty's Loosing Race said...

My daughter just finished the 3rd grade too. She sure did mature a lot this year.

~Betty~

Military Mommy said...

But you lost weight so that's what counts. : )

And I hope you enjoyed your blizzard - every single bite - they are soooooooooooo yummy. :) I had 3 in 10 days while our family was here. And then I wondered why I gained 2 pounds that week? Silly me. :)

Have a great week!