October 9, 2007

Stop the Whining!

Although I claim to despise whining, I've certainly been doing enough of it to God lately. I realized this morning just how long I've been uttering the same prayer to Him. I didn't realize how little I was trusting and how much I was complaining...until this morning when He told me to stop griping (or, as I like to say, "Build a bridge and get over it!") and accept some responsibility:

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.
--Ephesians 5:15-17


Yes, sir.

I think I need to re-read this post, and commit it to heart this time!

4 comments:

Heather C said...

I love that He keeps bringing us back to the same principle over and over... until we really GET it. So often I hear from Him, I digest the Word, and I vow to live changed... only to slip back into old habits. But He is faithful, especially when I am not. Or maybe it's just that His faithfulness is all the more apparent in contrast to my weak offerings. Either way, I'm glad He constantly nudges me back... repeating Himself until I truly absorb what He's trying to teach me. Such a compassionate and patient Father!

Praise and Coffee said...

It is so easy to fall into that trap! It takes a constant effort to stay out of it. We can all relate to this one! I know I can!

Sue

Alana said...

Oh, yes. I do my share of whining. I feel like such a hypocrite sometimes when I tell my kids not to do it!

Jill said...

I do my share of that, too. I like the "build a bridge"...quote.