I saw this at Lauren's blog, and had to play along!
Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don't guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That's cheating, and that's no fun!
1. Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much? ("It's a Wonderful Life"...Linda got it right!)
2. When a man is a widower why do we say he was widowed? Why don't we say he was widowered? ("Sleepless in Seattle"...Congrats, Lauren)
3. Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. ("You've Got Mail"...Congrats, Crafty Mama)
4. Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in. ("Second Hand Lions")
5. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. ("Pride & Prejudice"...Congrats, Lauren)
6. Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. ("Sweet Home Alabama"...Congrats, Queen)
7. I think my mom was tone deaf and you sound more like an injured moose. ("Game Plan")
8. Lawyers should never marry other lawyers. This is called in-breeding; from this comes idiot children... and other lawyers. ("Adam's Rib")
9. How much worse can it get than finishing dinner, having him reach over, pull a hair out of my head and start flossing with it at the table? ("When Harry Met Sally")
10. Can you tell I'm wearing underwear? 'Cause I totally am. (13 Going on 30...right, His Girl!)
Leave guesses in the comments, and let me know if you decide to play.