March 30, 2008

Spring Break

Highlights of Spring Break:

~Starting on a job I'd been putting off for too long

~Dinner at my favorite restaurant in my hometown, with new friends

~Starting the spring cleaning

~Dinner at my favorite restaurant out of town, with dear friends

~Celebrating Easter with worship, lunch with our china & crystal, and a quiet afternoon

~Baking cupcakes and watching "Little House on the Prairie"

~Lunch with my two favorite people in the whole world (R & CJ, of course!)

~Dinner with a group of gals, to enjoy time with a friend who's moved out of state

~Warmer temps (except for the days I could've taken CJ to the amusement park)

~Two nights at home alone with R, while CJ stayed with her grandparents & played with cousins

~Watching CJ try on every stitch of clothing in her closet, to prepare for spring shopping (we don't need much...Praise the Lord!)

~Dinner out with my extended family for birthday celebrations

~A quiet Sunday on the sofa, watching a great movie

~Reading "Little House in the Big Woods" with CJ

Lots of rest. Even more fun. Too much food. Not much structure. Not nearly enough time.

Back to the real world tomorrow. *SIGH*

7 comments:

Alana said...

Oh, I LOVE that movie!

I'm glad you had a great week!

Tiffany said...

I just wanted to let you know that I tagged you! Blessings!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Hurrah - it's time for Spring Cleaning, I cant wait to grab some windex and newspapers and get at those windows, let the spring sun come in!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

It sounded wonderful!

I have a movie suggestion for you and your family. We rented and watched "The Simple Life of Noah Dearborn" a few weeks ago and it was so good. My kids all enjoyed it. There is one scene that my kids didn't need to see, but otherwise it was good. It is about a man who has lived a simple life. I won't say anything else, as to not give things away.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful break. I love Little House (show and books), so that sounds delightful to me!

Jill said...

**sigh** even just reading that list was wonderful. Glad you had such a nice break. Ours starts in one week...but we're not going anywhere or doing anything :o(

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Sounds absolutely perfect! I think I need to rent that movie...you got me in the mood to see it ;) I love P&P!