March 31, 2008

Get the Point?

Remember when I complained about all the self in my life right now (I forgot a few...self-absorbed, self-important, and self-righteous), and trying to convince myself the sacrifice is worth it?

Fun times.

Well, I'm studying "A Heart Like His" in Sunday School. You know that Beth Moore...she doesn't mince words.

"The gap between wanting and getting is where we must flex the muscle of self-control to protect ourselves."

AND

"The freedom of Christ is worth the surrender of absolutely anything."

He's trying to tell me something...ya' think?

6 comments:

His Girl said...

Isn't God so awesome to take the time to tell us anything at all?


How fun that you're willing to share it with us too!

Tiffany said...

I so so love this book and study. I did it last year and have been reading her book Jesus the One and Only. I think you'd like it as well. Please continue to share about your study. It's a nice reminder! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Oh Melissa,

How I can relate...enough said!

I have not done that study...hope to in the future...I did the Tabernacle study last year and it was incredible...now doing Stepping Up...the Psalms of Ascent with a friend...such a rich blessing that God speaks so clearly through her...even if it is tough at times.

Blessings to you,

Helen

Jodie Wolfe said...

Hello!
I am in the process of researching for a book I would like to write that addresses ten struggles that Christian women face. I would love to have your input as well.

Thank you for any help you can give me. All I need is the list of ten things as well as your age. Thank you!

Kelly said...

Just finished this study--wonderful and challenging insights. Many of the insights He brings my way are about my selfishness, too!

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Nope, she doesn't mince words and thankfully so.

Sometimes I just want to scream, "get out of the way self" :)