August 6, 2009

Around the House: August

In the middle of:

~One of the crazier weeks of my life. Spent one evening in the children's hospital an hour away visiting our niece who has meningitis and my best friend's 3-month old daughter who's got a terribly high fever. The rest have been filled with Vacation Bible School. It's been good, but exhausting.

~The demolition that just doesn't seem to be moving as fast as I want it to! After the tear-out, we found more damage than we originally expected. I'm grateful that R has the gifts to handle it.

Looking forward to:

~A long weekend at the beach with friends we don't see nearly enough.

~Getting off the treadmill for a while. Summer has not been as quiet as I had hoped. The next couple of weeks should offer a short-lived reprieve before school starts.

~Putting some organization back in my life. This demolition has given me the motivation to finally tackle some home projects that we've been avoiding. PLUS the amount of things I had to take to my attic when we hurriedly emptied the closet made me realize that I need to do a LOT more purging!

~How beautiful my new bathroom's going to look. We've decided to make some changes to the layout and put in a new type of flooring and shower.

~The Girl Talk Bookclub

~Teaching the Sr. High Girls' Sunday School class come September.

~Getting back into the choir. CJ is old enough to sit by herself now, so I'm joining R in the choir again.

~A new ministry opportunity that I can't share about quite yet (but I promise, I will!)

Enjoying:

~Vacation Bible School. Even though it's tiring, we have some amazing youth and it's my privilege to be on the teaching team for them.

~Starbucks Coffee Ice Cream.

~Some much-needed quality time with my man lately.

Hoping:

~To get back in the blogging groove sometime

~That middle school will be better than I expect it to be

~To finish the Seeking Him study soon





1 comment:

Lisa Spence said...

The beach? Sounds wonderful! A ministry opportunity? Can't wait to hear all about it! The girltalk bookclub? Plan to be there myself!

Love you, girl!