October 25, 2009

Hope

Thursday was shock.

Friday & Saturday were grief & despair.

Today is HOPE.

Hope that the Lord will carry my family through this. Hope that He will carry my town through this. Hope that He is bigger than any mountain I'm staring in the face right now. He moved mountains for me to go to Peru this summer. He'll do it again.

Right now, I'm praying for discernment. I know what I would like to see happen, but that doesn't mean it's God's will. I've asked Him to make His path crystal clear to us. I've laid out what I want before Him and prayed that He will honor it. I've asked that He give me peace and strength to be obedient if He has something else in store. I'm also praying for strength to be the helpmate my husband needs and to be Christ's light to those who are hurting.

Thursday, we slid down the mountain into the valley of despair. Friday & Saturday, I looked at the next mountain and was crushed by the sheer size of it. Today, I crawled out of my Abba's lap, grasped firmly on to His hand, and started walking up the mountain. And I can rest assured that He's got my back.

And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
-Isaiah 30:20-21 (ESV)






4 comments:

Heidi said...

Keep the faith and press on, my friend.

jenmom said...

Praying Prov. 3:5-6 for you! I love the Amplified version you have in your sidebar!!!
Jennifer

Carrie said...

I was thinking of you this morning and praying for you.

Praying with you in this storm!

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Praying...