May 24, 2010

The Start of Our Anniversary Week

"Hey, you've got an anniversary Saturday."

"How many years?"

This, from the girls in my Sunday School class.

Yes, I do. It's 17.

"Awww..."

"Really?!"

"That's neat."

As he and I say, it's crazy cool. 

"Awww..." (again)


In fact, he told me the other day that he's just as excited to be married to me now as he was 17 years ago.

"That's crazy sweet."

And they melted.

Truth be told, so did I.

There's a poignant scene in 13 Going On 30 where the adult Jenna describes an evening with Matt to a group of teen girls. Even though she appears to be a grown woman, the girl inside is caught up in the romance of it all. She proudly displays her goosebumps to the girls hanging on her every word.

Sharing with the girls in my class, I felt much like Jenna. The 15 year-old me who desperately needed love and attention still lingers. Never did she dream she'd find the love of such a man.

Or that nearly 17 years later, he could still give me goosebumps.


My beloved is mine, and I am his. - Song of Solomon 2:16