Some time during the Year of Peace and Simplicity I discovered the effect music has in the atmosphere of our home. I started by playing the "Singers and Standards" channel (Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra) during meal times. I would play classical when I was reading, much to R & CJ's chagrin. I'm not quite sure how or when it happened, but they discovered that classical music is calming and very conducive to reading/studying. Now they're just as likely as I to turn on the music. We love how it softly fills the quiet, surrounding us with beauty and carrying away the cares of the world at the same time.
Not that I'm a musical snob. In fact I'm a little schizophrenic when it comes to music, as my list of 10 favorite albums indicates. In no particular order, they are:
1. Sinatra's Reprise Collection
2. Yo-Yo Ma's Appassionato
3. When Harry Met Sally: Music From The Motion Picture
4. George Winston's December
5. Randy Travis' Trail of Memories: Anthology
6. John Waller's While I'm Waiting
7. Big Daddy Weave's Every Time I Breathe
8. Billie's Best
9. Patsy Cline - The Definitive Collection
10. James Taylor: Greatest Hits
Today, I'm thankful for music.
(Giving thanks at Rebecca's and Leah's; also listing my 10 on the 10th at Meredith's)