May 29, 2012

Nineteen & Counting

I don't remember what thoughts rushed through my head as I prepared for the day. The ceremony is a blur. Memories of the reception have long ago faded into the recesses of my mind. I do know I spent a lot of time planning the perfect day, not thinking much about the years that would follow. 

How could I have known what this lifetime would bring?

For more than two decades, I've loved him. For 19, I've been blessed to be the wife of  a man who...

~has never - if memory serves me correctly - complained about dinner
~makes me laugh more than anyone I know
~is a true companion
~is humble, compassionate & faithful
~daily demonstrates his servant heart
~spoils me and our girl
~watches endless re-runs of M*A*S*H and The West Wing with me
~grills the best hamburger I've ever tasted
~appreciates my love of sports
~is a devoted father
~inspires me to be more caring
~holds me when I cry
~challenges me to do hard things
~encourages me to serve the Lord
~doesn't mind my reading habit
~works hard & sacrifices for our family
~embraces our differences
~loves me for who I am
~loves me too much to let me stay that way

Happy Anniversary to my man. I'm so thankful for our lifetime together. I pray our marriage has been a testimony of the Lord's goodness and grace.

I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.
~Song of Solomon 6:3

6 comments:

His Girl said...

Glory to God, for He is the giver of all good things!

And *high five* from someone who totally knows what a good thing 19 years of marriage is for girls like us :)

Hollie said...

This is so sweet! Rejoicing with you on you this day! *hugs and love!*

Nikole Hahn said...

I smiled as I read this. Beautiful devotion to your husband.

Persis said...

Happy anniversary, Melissa!!!

Lisa Spence said...

The love of a good man is truly one of the Lord's most gracious blessings. Happy Anniversary! May the Lord grant you many more happy years together and may He use your marriage as a witness to the beauty of His love and grace!

Carrie said...

:D I can really only smile and thank the Lord for a wonderful marriage to be a witness to! Happy Anniversary (again)!