August 30, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Praising the Lord for:

~Weekend dates. My man and girl had one Friday night, while she & I had one Saturday night. Hopefully he & I will have one soon.

~Safety during a rash of recent thunderstorms

~The opportunity to minister to my youth girls these past few years. Circumstances have taken me away from that ministry for the upcoming year and I'm heartbroken. However, I'm reminding myself how blessed I was to teach them, and that God is sovereign even in this.

~Dinner time conversations as we three read through Voices From The Past - Puritan Devotional Readings

~The end of an eventful summer

~Thoughtful discussions of the iron-sharpening sort

~The upcoming launch of a new group blog. I am deeply humbled to be associated with these women.

~These words: "God's grace is his unceasing loving commitment to a race that has acted in a way that not only does not deserve such love, but actually deserves the very opposite." ~Graeme Goldsworthy

~And these: "The Gospel is called the ‘good news’ because it addresses the most serious problem that you and I have as human beings, and that problem is simply this: God is holy and He is just, and I’m not." ~R.C. Sproul

~Most importantly, these:

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;
    our God is merciful.
The Lord preserves the simple;
    when I was brought low, he saved me.
Return, O my soul, to your rest;
    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
~Psalm 116:5-7

2 comments:

Kim Shay said...

Hoping that you do get a date with your man soon!!

Trisha said...

Melissa,
Make plans for that date with your man soon, very soon, I say. :)

Voices From the Past...oh, how I love this book. The only problem is it tempts me to add to my book collection. I want all of those writings by the Puritans.

So glad all of you were safe during those thunderstorms. It's neat to think of you and Persis right there with my Mom. :)