Since I'm new to the blogging world, thought I'd give you all 13 random facts about me. So here goes, whether you're interested or not...
1. I've lived in the same town since I was 6. In high school, I planned to move to Boston and grace my parents with my presence at Christmas every year. They're 10 minutes down the road from me. I came home after college, met R. & never left. I can still remember how it felt to eat all those words!
2. I love to read. Really. REALLY. REEE-LY. In fact, once I start a book, I can hardly put it down. Dee Henderson's O'Malley series had me up til 3:00 a.m. on more than one occasion. My favorite book ever is Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. I've read it probably 10 times.
3. I'm collecting "Frasier", "M*A*S*H" and "The West Wing" on DVD. Favorite line from M*A*S*H:
Col. Flagg: Hey, up close, you're a guy.
Klinger: Far away, too.
Gets me every time!
4. In addition to my full-time job as a paralegal, I'm a consultant for Southern Living at Home.
6. I'd rather go to the mountains than the beach. If you saw my fair skin, you'd understand why.
7. I have a thing for roller coasters. Seriously. Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens is my all-time favorite.
8. My favorite Old Testament book is Jeremiah. Favorite Gospel is Luke. Favorite Bible story is the woman at the well (John 4).
9. If I could go back in time and meet one person (other than Jesus, who I'm going to meet one day anyway!), it would be Thomas Jefferson.
10. I love football and basketball. Not to play...just to watch (although R did recently teach me how to throw football in a less "girly" fashion).
11. An entry in my high school journal states that I want to marry a man with dark brown hair and green eyes. Whadda' you know...I did :-)
12. I'm horrible at geography. There's a scene in Sleepless in Seattle that sums it up:
Sam - Oklahoma. Do you know where Oklahoma is?
Jonah - Somewhere in the middle?
That, my friends, would be me!
13. The person I most want to meet in Heaven (again, other than Jesus) is Peter. I can relate to that man. Oh, and Martha ~ how could she be too busy to sit at Jesus' feet?! Oops...I do the same thing, so maybe I shouldn't ask her that...