June 17, 2009

Letting Go

In our final team meeting Sunday night, our pastor warned us that the enemy might be launching an all-out assault this week (if he wasn't already). He wasn't kidding. This week (all two days of it, as I'm writing this) has been brutal. I'm getting it from all sides, and feeling beaten down. But I'm not giving in.

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8 (ESV)

My initial response has been to buckle down and try harder to make.it work. It ain't happening. Spinning my wheels, elevating my blood pressure, and running around like a crazy woman to get everybody taken care of accomplishes nothing but increased frustration. I've got to let go of the control I think I have.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. - Matthew 11:28-29 (ESV)

I've been rebelling against Jesus' yoke, wanting to handle it all on my own. I've worn myself out in the process. Now I'm too tired not to put on His yoke and let Him do the work.

Three days of work. Four days to get CJ ready for summer camp. Five days until the trip of a lifetime. It's in your hands, Lord Jesus.

Preparing. Expecting. Relinquishing. Tomorrow, Understanding.




3 comments:

His Girl said...

I am so excited to see what God is doing in you before the trip... I can't even IMAGINE what He'll do DURING! Praying, praying, praying, my dear friend!

Carrie said...

I can't believe it's already time for your trip! You do have a lot to do in a short period of time! I'll be praying for you!

Blessings and peace on everything you do these next few days....!

Lisa Spence said...

Praying, as you know...